Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Review: Second Chance Boyfriend by Monica Murphy

4.5 Star Review by Annie and Heather

 

Lost. That one single word best describes my life at this very moment. I lost the last games of the season and both my team and my coach blame me. I lost the last two months because I drowned in my own despair like a complete loser. And I lost the only girl who ever mattered because I was afraid being with me would destroy her.

But now I realize how truly lost I am without her. She has become my story…and even though she acts like she’s moved on, I know she still thinks about me just as much as I think about her. She’s beautiful, sweet—and so damn vulnerable, all I want to do is help her. Be there for her.

Love her…

If only I could convince Fable to give me a second chance. Then I wouldn’t feel so lost anymore, and neither would she. We could be found together.

Forever. Lost. That one single word best describes my life at this very moment. I lost the last games of the season and both my team and my coach blame me. I lost the last two months because I drowned in my own despair like a complete loser. And I lost the only girl who ever mattered because I was afraid being with me would destroy her.But now I realize how truly lost I am without her. She has become my story…and even though she acts like she’s moved on, I know she still thinks about me just as much as I think about her. She’s beautiful, sweet—and so damn vulnerable, all I want to do is help her. Be there for her.
Love her…
If only I could convince Fable to give me a second chance. Then I wouldn’t feel so lost anymore, and neither would she. We could be found together.
Forever.


“If there ever comes a day when we can’t be together, keep me in your heart, I’ll stay there forever.” –Winnie The Poo



This is the continuation of One Week Girlfriend. If you haven't read that go do it! It was an amazing book. Drew and Fable are one of my faves!!!


Sometimes in life you need a second chance. Whether it is a second chance at love, life and even at rebuilding broken relationships.


Second Chance Boyfriend takes place two months after Drew just upped and walked out of Fable’s life leaving nothing behind but a letter and a broken heart.


Fable is finally getting her life back in order after hurricane Drew came crashing in. When the owner, Colin, of the new swanky club in town walks into the dive bar and offers Fable a job she takes it. This could give her the chance to earn more money and provide a better future for her brother, Owen.


Drew is trying to move on past the one girl he loved more than anyone else, Fable. Drew has even seeked out the help of a therapist to deal with his demons and his lack of coping skills; he is tired of shutting people out, especially Fable.


It had been two long and agonizing months since they had even seen or spoken to each other, but fate had other plans thrusting them back together. At first they were both unsure of each other and where their relationship stood, but that all changes with one text, MARSHMELLOW. Life picked up just where it had left off and they couldn’t resist the undeniable attraction to be with each other. Of course they had to get through all the obstacles of dealing with all their old demons, and even some new ones.


“Sometimes you have to stand alone, just to make sure you still can.” - Unknown


I absolutely loved the first book, but the second one was even better. Monica Murphy did not let us down. Drew was even more likable then before, and if you didn’t love him enough already from the first time around the second one will make you fall even harder. Fable again showed us how strong of a woman she really is, and I love that she embodies strength and willpower. Plus it never hurts to throw a fun sexy game of strip true confessions in the mix. I think we definitely need another book, and maybe Owen should get one too. I give it 4.5 stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment