Monday, September 28, 2015

Release Day Blitz: The Allure of Dean Harper by R.S. Grey

Title: The Allure of Dean Harper (Allure #2)
Author: R.S. Grey
Release Date: Sept 28, 2015
Find on Goodreads



~ Synopsis ~  

From: LilyNBlack@Gmail.com
To: JosephineKeller@VogueMagazine.com
Subject: You’re a flippin’ idiot


Good morning my dear, naive friend,

I hope you’re enjoying a breakfast of regret and sorrow.

Why?

Because you sent me to work for Dean Harper, aka a control freak in a tailor-made suit. Sure he owns the trendiest restaurants in NYC, but c'mon Jo, his ego makes Kanye West look like the Dalai Lama.

He's the type of guy that only hears the word “no” when it's followed by “don’t stop.”

Working for Dean Harper would be like selling my soul to the devil…and before you say anything, I don’t care if the devil has punch-you-in-the-gut brown eyes and an ass to match. My soul isn’t for sale.

Regretfully yours,
Lily


The Allure of Dean Harper is a full-length standalone romance with overlapping characters from The Allure of Julian Lefray. Both books can be read separately. Chronologically, The Allure of Julian Lefray happens first. 



~ Buy Links ~

Amazon



~ Review ~
4.5 Stars 

You met these characters in the first book-The Allure of Julian LeFray. Lily is Jo's best friend and Dean is Julian's best friend. Are you seeing how this could go wrong?!

Lily has finally made the move from Texas to NY to be live with Jo. She's yet to find a job that pays so she's still doing the food blogger thing. She put her application in for a job at Provisions and never anticipated to get a call but she did on a night where they are short staffed and in need of help that night. She's bartending and bringing in more money than the restaurant/bar ever has before and who shows up to knock her down a few pegs-none other than Dean Harper and her boss-only she doesn't know who he is. He also fires her right there on the spot!

Dean, a workaholic, who is constantly opening up new and different kinds of restaurants, is one of the wealthiest bachelors NY has to offer. He doesn't like distractions and thinks love only gets in the way of his success.  He likes the way he lives and Lily is great at being a disruption in his life only he doesn't think so at the time.

These two are just like Jo said they'd be: oil and water-and we know those 2 don't mix well together. After the firing, Dean is opening up a new restaurant and decides to bring Lily on as a consultant for the menu, drinks, and overall ambiance of the place. She constantly challenges him and he is constantly at wits end not knowing how to keep her in check. They're both opinionated and think they both need to get the last word in on when disagreeing with each other-which happens A Lot!!

If you read Julian's book then you need to read this book as well. It's funny, light hearted and the chemistry between Lily and Dean is an explosion waiting to happen. Plus you get more of Jo and Julian! Plus it's written in dual POV which I love because you get to see what the other is thinking.


I love RS Grey's books and this one did not disappoint!





~ Author Bio ~ 

I am a lover of books, chocolate, reality TV, black labs, and cold weather. Seriously, if I had it my way I would be curled up on the couch with all of those things...everyday.

I live in Texas where I spend my free time writing and reading. My favorite authors are Mindy Kaling & Jonathan Safran Foer. I'm a comedy geek and love all things funny. Women like Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, and Mindy Kaling are definitely the biggest inspirations for my writing, though I think my work tends to skew a bit smuttier than theirs.



No comments:

Post a Comment