~ Synopsis ~
~ Review ~
5 Stars by Guest Reviewer Brittany
Dixie Lark hasn’t had it easy. She lost her parents in an accident when she was young and grew up in a ramshackle house on a dirt road in Amarillo with her ailing grandparents and overprotective older brother. Thanks to her grandfather, Dixie learned to play a mean fiddle, inspired by the sounds of the greats—Johnny and June, Waylon, and Hank. Her grandfather’s fiddle changed Dixie’s life forever, giving her an outlet for the turmoil of her broken heart and inspiring a daring dream.
Ten years later, Dixie and her brother, Dallas, are creating the music they love and chasing fame with their hot band, Leaving Amarillo. But Dixie isn’t enjoying the ride. All she can think about is Gavin, the band’s tattooed, tortured drummer who she’s loved since they were kids. She knows he feels the connection between them, but he refuses see her as more than his best friend’s little sister.
Convinced that one night with Gavin will get him out of her system, Dixie devises a plan. She doesn’t know that her brother has forbidden Gavin from making a move on her-a promise he swore he’d always keep . . . a promise that once broken will unexpectedly change the future for Dixie, Gavin and the band.
~ Review ~
5 Stars by Guest Reviewer Brittany
I am in awe of this book. It was one of my absolute favorites! I completely fell in love with Dixie and Gavin. And holy moly, I think my panties melted a little in one of their love scenes! I am thoroughly in love with Caisey Quinn now.
This is the story of Dixie, little sister to Dallas. Dallas' best friend is Gavin. The three have grown up together and started a band called Leaving Amarillo. The journey is a heartbreaking
story about the loss of Dixie and Dallas' family. All they have are each other and Gavin. And Dixie is in love with Gavin, but Gavin has promised Dallas he would keep his hands off Dixie.
However, Dixie has other ideas. All she wants is one night with Gavin. She thinks that having one night with him would be better than never having a night with him. Will she really be ok with just one night? Or will her heart get broken?
There is a twist to this story that left me with my mouth open. I can't wait for the next installment of their story. I'm chomping at the bit for more. And because I loved this story so much I went out and bought more of Caisey Quinn's books. Once you read this, you're going to be hooked too!
~ Excerpt ~
1. But here, where I am right now, Gavin Garrison is making love to me with his eyes. And I don’t want him to stop. Ever.
2. It’s when he takes her hand and slowly slides up the sleeve of her dress shirt so that he can write on her wrist that I lose my mind completely.
3. He opens his mouth to respond—most likely to deny that he did that tonight—but I place my trembling fingers against his lips, firmly breaking our ten-year unspoken no-touching rule.
4. But you can’t really have fire. You can’t hold a flame in your hands without getting burned.
5. He’s not watching you like he’s worried you’ll screw up. He’s watching you like he’s worried you’ll disappear and take his heart with you.
6. We’re more than that. You and Dallas are all I have. Do you get that?
7. I don’t know when I became this pathetic mess so completely codependent on the happiness of someone who has told me in no uncertain terms that he will never cross the friendship line with me, but here I am.
8. He breathes into me, filling me, and I take his offering greedily, pulling his tongue and lips into my mouth harder than is appropriate for a first kiss.
9. I’ve taken the first hit and already I’m addicted.
10. It was a mistake. Like I told you before, there are moments when things between us get…difficult to control. This time I screwed up and gave in, that’s all. It won’t happen again.
11. If I can’t make him see that he is both capable and worthy of love, that memory will have to be enough for me, even if it’s all I’ll ever have.
12. All I can feel is his mouth on my neck, his hands on my hips, and the promises of what’s to come—literally—against my backside.
13. I will make it impossible for him to say no, somehow. I have five floors on the elevator to figure it out. My heart rises into my throat as we make our way upward.
14. “All I can think about is how good this ice cream would taste if I was licking it off your body instead of this plastic spoon.”
15. I’m thrusting against his mouth and moaning in pleasure when I feel it. The pressure has reached its peak and I need him inside. Now.
~ Author Bio ~
~ Giveaway ~