Thursday, September 5, 2013

September Author Of The Month: Faith Andrews



~ Interview ~
Well hello there Faith.  I am so glad to get to sit down with you today and talk about YOU!!!  I love your book Man of My Dreams and I cannot wait for it to be released on the 19th of Sept so that everyone else can read it and fall in love with Declan.  

First off I want to thank you for taking time out of your busy day to sit down and answer some questions for me.  
I'm overwhelmed by how welcoming and encouraging everyone in the writing/blogging community has been to me. I'm so excited to get the book out there and I want to thank you for taking the time to give a newbie indie a chance to get her name out there. 
How long have you been writing?
I've always had a love of writing and reading, but I didn't start writing with a purpose until May of last year. After being introduced to books like the Fifty Shades of Grey Trilogy, I decided, "Hey! I think I want to do this too!" 

 Have you always wanted to write?  
In hindsight, I guess it was always a dream of mine, but it just took a little push from a good book to live out that dream. I'm so happy I decided to take this leap because its been so liberating to get words to paper and create these worlds where I get the opportunity to escape while doing something I love.
 What are your favorite scenes to write and why?
I'll tell you what my least favorite scenes to write are...sex scenes! They intimidate the hell out of me and I always worry I'm being too technical. My favorite scenes would have to be the humorous ones. All my female characters are snarky and quirky (a lot like me) and I like the idea of making people laugh in the midst of something dramatic or serious. There's nothing like laughing out loud while you're reading a book. 
Are your characters based off real people?

Hmmm...yes and no. I'll tell you right off the bat that Cara and Charlie were totally based on my own daughters, Julia and Leah. Declan is definitely a far off version of my husband and Mia--all my friends who've read the book seem to think she is totally me. I think there's a little bit of me and my personality in and every one of my characters.  
How did you come up with your characters and what was your inspiration?
 Inspiration comes from crazy places. Man of My Dreams came to me from a dream. I woke up one morning and remembered I had this crazy, unexpected dream about a friend from high school. It was out of left field but sparked one single idea that turned into 78,000 words. Besides dreams and even real life events (the nail polish scene in MOMD actually really happened to me), music is a total inspiration. Every single one of the songs on the playlist for the book have given me an idea or put me in a mood for a particular scene. I always say inspiration comes from the strangest of places. 
What authors inspire you?  
So many, but I truly owe my start to all of this to Stephanie Meyers and EL James. Their love stories inspired me to create my own because of the intriguing, captivating, mesmerizing characters they introduced us to in their books. Among them, Colleen Hoover, Jasinda Wilder, and Gail McHugh have written some of my favorite books of all time. 
  Which character has been the most fun to write?  
One you haven't even met yet. I am having an absolute blast writing sexy, bad-boy Marcus Grayson. 
Where do write?  Do you listen to music or like quiet?
 This is the best question! Where do I write...on my phone, in my bed, on the kitchen countertop or table, sometimes in the shower in my head and the least likely (unfortunately) place you'll find me is actually in the tiny little office getaway I created for myself. Quiet? What's that? I have 2 kids and a dog who always want my attention! I have no idea what it's like to write a continuous scene without someone asking for something! I've gotten very good at ignoring the outside noise and just trudging though! 
Do you like writing from female POV or male POV more?
 Believe it or not I think I like writing in male POV a lot more. It's true when they say women are so much more complex. I of course don't know what it's like to be a man, but I feel like I don't have to hold back when I write in male POV...everything's acceptable...cursing, burping, being naughty, gross and just plain honest. I love it!
Can you tell us what we can expect to get from you in the future?
  I'm currently working on a new book called Little Brother. I actually just sat down to write a blurb for it and would love to share it here (first? Hee Hee). 
Sexy, tatted up, underwear modeling, Marcus Grayson is every girl’s dream—or more likely worst nightmare. He’s a player, a self-proclaimed bachelor for life, and he’s got no problem living up to his man-whore status. But when his older sister’s friend comes back from the past, he may just have the chance to turn some of his adolescent fantasies into reality. 
Tessa Bradley is a self-sufficient, take-no-bull, single mother—well, now she is. Finally rid of her abusive, alcoholic ex, she’s making a new life for herself and catching up with old friends; the ones she was forced to break ties with because of her controlling husband. When she runs into Marcus, her friend Riley’s once-adorable turned smoking-hot little brother, she has no idea how he’s about to rock her world.
Thank you again for sitting down with me and answering these questions. 
Thank you for having me and for spotlighting me for this month! I feel so privileged to have gotten to know you and share my story with you. 
 ~ Author Bio ~
Faith Andrews lives in New York where she is happily married to her high school sweetheart. They have two beautiful daughters and a furry Yorkie son, Rocco. If she isn’t listening to Mumford and Sons or busy being a Dance Mom, her nose is in a book or her laptop. She’s a sucker for a happily ever after and believes her characters are out there living one somewhere . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment