Saturday, May 11, 2013

Review: The Rocker That Holds Me by Terri Anne Browning

4 Star Review by Annie

Synopsis
 
Touring with four rockers is the thing of dreams…

At least that is what people tell me. To me those four rockers are my family. They have watched over me from the time I was five years old. Protecting me from my mother and her drunken, drug addict rages. When they made it big they still watched over me. And when my monster of a mother died they took over as my guardians.

In the six years since that happened I have watched over the four men that
mean everything to me. I take care of them just as they once took care of me. I handle all the dirty work behind the scenes of a rockers life. It isn’t always pretty. At times it came be damn near disgusting, especially when I have to get rid of their one night stands. Ugh!

Taking care of them doesn’t bother me though. I mean it’s not like I’m in love with one of them. That would be crazy. Falling for a rocker is NOT smart.

Okay, so I’m not smart. I love my guys, and one of them kind of holds my heart in his big old rocker hand. But I’m dealing. I’ve been able to keep it my little secret for years now.
I’m not, however, dealing with this bug that I seem to have caught. It scares the hell out of me. I hate doctors, but I’m suddenly more worried about finding out what is wrong with me than what the doctor might do to me.

When I get my test results back my life will never be the same again…


Our Review


The Rocker That Holds Me is an amazing fast read. This book will take you on a whirlwind of emotions. 

To say Emmie had a rough childhood is an understatement. Emmie’s mother was always drunk, high on drugs and physically abusive. No matter how messed up life gets Emmie always had an escape, and it came in the form of four teenage boys who are in a rock band.


“We are not leaving. Emmie is ours. We’re staying with her.”

Fast-forward years later and Emmie is now an adult and the guys are now famous rock stars. The roles have reversed and now Emmie is taking care of them. The band is the only true family Emmie has and she loves them like they are her brothers. That is all of them except one, because he owns a different part of her heart and she can’t stop thinking about him.

“Yes, I am in love. There is this Ember in my heart that has hold of me and won’t let got”

This book was too short. I want more. I crave more. The band is smoking hot, and Emmie tugs on your heartstrings. This book is a must read.

Books Available
 


No comments:

Post a Comment