Thursday, April 18, 2013

Review: Elite By Rachel Van Dyken

5 Star Review by Heather


When I won the annual Eagle Elite College Scholarship lottery, I was thrilled. After all, my grandma had just died and I wanted to take care of my aging grandpa -- he couldn't be a farmer in Wyoming forever. And graduating from Eagle Elite meant opportunity.
But I wasn't counting on meeting Nixon.


Nor was I counting on the rules of the Elect.

1. Do not touch The Elect.
2. Do not look at The Elect.
3. Do not speak to The Elect.


And worst of all? Don't discover the secret they hide, because in the end, you may just realize... it's about you.



Do me a favor. Tell your grandpa you invited me so that they don’t shoot me on sight. You don’t want innocent blood on your hands.”
“Are you?” I whispered.
“What?”
“Innocent?”
“No.” His voice was shaky. “Not since the day I was born, not since the first day my dad raised a hand to me, not since the first time I watched my mom huddle in the corner, and definitely not since the first time you let me kiss you. No, Trace. I’m anything but innocent.”

Wow, Wow, Wow! I could not put this book down once I started reading it. I love it when a book has that hold on me.

Trace Rooks is a farm girl from Wyoming. She entered a contest to get into Eagle Elite thinking she would never get in since the chances are very slim. She gets in and finds out that the life she has been living is a lie. She struggles with this new life and what is right and wrong.

Nixon is the head of the Elite group. He is the student body president. He issues out the rules and gives access cards out to student. He is also hiding a very big secret from Trace. Will this secret bring them closer together or tear them apart?

I'm thankful that while I've been standing her Nixon hasn't attempted to trip me or knock me off the stage. Guess there's hope for me yet. Moo.- Trace

I can't wait to find out more in book 2!!! This book is AMAZING! It is definitely in my top 5 books of this year! Very well written book Rachel Van Dyken!!!!!

Screw Nixon. Last time I checked, he wasn't God, nor would he be wanted by Him.”- Monroe

No comments:

Post a Comment