Monday, April 29, 2013

Review: Crash by Nicole Williams

5 Star Review by Dawn

 
Synopsis
 
Southpointe High is the last place Lucy wanted to wind up her senior year of school. Right up until she stumbles into Jude Ryder, a guy whose name has become its own verb, and synonymous with trouble. He's got a rap sheet that runs longer than a senior thesis, has had his name sighed, shouted, and cursed by more women than Lucy dares to ask, and lives at the local boys home where disturbed seems to be the status quo for the residents. Lucy had a stable at best, quirky at worst, upbringing. She lives for wearing the satin down on her ballet shoes, has her sights set on Juilliard, and has been careful to keep trouble out of her life. Up until now.

Jude's everything she needs to stay away from if she wants to separate her past from her future. Staying away, she's about to find out, is the only thing she's incapable of.

For Lucy Larson and Jude Ryder, love's about to become the thing that tears them apart
.
 

Our Review
 
I have not been so excited about a Young Adult book since Hopeless. I went crazy over Crash by Nicole Williams. The character Lucy and Jude were so real, I alternated between wanting to hold them and shake some sense into them.
The story was completely captivating and just when I was adjusting to the first twist, then came the next and the next!! I was practically reading with my jaw dropped to the floor! The surprises just kept coming and coming and the writing is so well done. Nicole captures the complete and total angst that is reserved for being a new girl in high school your senior year. The journeys that these characters take are so epic, I felt like I was holding my breath for half the book, the other half, I was completely mooning over bad boy Jude Ryder. Trust me, Jude Ryder is not to be missed. I am now reading book 2 in the series, Clash, and the stakes have just been raised tenfold (if that is even possible)!
 
Books Available 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment